Grant Writing Blog

I am a wife and mother of two, an 8-yr-old who loves airplanes and is learning to fly using a flight simulator and a 5-yr-old girl who can't wait to grow up. I have been in an academic environment all my life. After college, I taught English at a high school in Brownsville, Tx (my hometown) and stayed "in the trenches" for 8 years. In 2002, I moved to TSTC, Harlingen. I teach Comp and Tech Writing. My interest is researching strategies which help students be successful in first-year classes.

My Photo
Name:

I have been in the classroom, in one way or another, all my life. After 6 years of only being a teacher, I realized I miss the other side of the classroom. Because I have two young children and cannot take the joy of an extended family from them, I chose to pursue my degree online.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Week 15

Your blog question for this week ... is this: what is one thing that you're uncertain about regarding your grant application packet? Your answer here will help you articulate your question so that we can discuss it during class next week, and so that I can offer response soon in your blog.

The one thing I am uncertain about is the idea of evaluation. I have a general idea of what evaluation would be done but I am not sure exactly how to write that into the proposal or if my ideas are sufficient for this type of project. I would like to be able to effectively describe the data collection and analysis.

Also, I have seen several examples of grant narratives and most include charts and graphs containing pertinent information. I know that the information in the grant needs to be solid, but at the same time, I know that aesthetics count especially for people who read documents for a living. How can I add those to make my proposal stronger and more appealing?

1 Comments:

Blogger Government grant.us said...

Writing grants is an acquired skill. Successfully written grants are a learned art. While numerous foundations provide grant funds to qualified grantors.
Grant Writing

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home