Grant Writing Blog

I am a wife and mother of two, an 8-yr-old who loves airplanes and is learning to fly using a flight simulator and a 5-yr-old girl who can't wait to grow up. I have been in an academic environment all my life. After college, I taught English at a high school in Brownsville, Tx (my hometown) and stayed "in the trenches" for 8 years. In 2002, I moved to TSTC, Harlingen. I teach Comp and Tech Writing. My interest is researching strategies which help students be successful in first-year classes.

My Photo
Name:

I have been in the classroom, in one way or another, all my life. After 6 years of only being a teacher, I realized I miss the other side of the classroom. Because I have two young children and cannot take the joy of an extended family from them, I chose to pursue my degree online.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Learn and Serve TSTC--Building Sustainability

Building Sustainability

Are you going to seek additional funding?

No

Will the project be self-supporting?

No; but college will benefit from wider contact with community and potential increase of enrollment

Are you building in financial, managerial, technical, or social sustainability?

Financial sustainability: will be able to attract more students and perhaps more donors to college

Managerial sustainability: directors will need to continue working to provide contact and support for instructors, students and community

Technical sustainability: website will be available for continued use and will need continual updating

Social sustainability: students and instructors will learn of the benefits of this project and will continue to want to be involved with the community; and community organizations will be lining up to participate

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Is it too early to begin to schedule review meetings or a plan for getting others to review your FIPSE proposal? Also, plan to involve others as signers of the document, such as the dean and others who have PhDs, as this will look good. FIPSE, too, values inter-institutional work. Might explore grants they have funded and see how those inter-institutional ones are set up. TTU would be interested in working with you, of course.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home