Grant Writing Blog

I am a wife and mother of two, an 8-yr-old who loves airplanes and is learning to fly using a flight simulator and a 5-yr-old girl who can't wait to grow up. I have been in an academic environment all my life. After college, I taught English at a high school in Brownsville, Tx (my hometown) and stayed "in the trenches" for 8 years. In 2002, I moved to TSTC, Harlingen. I teach Comp and Tech Writing. My interest is researching strategies which help students be successful in first-year classes.

My Photo
Name:

I have been in the classroom, in one way or another, all my life. After 6 years of only being a teacher, I realized I miss the other side of the classroom. Because I have two young children and cannot take the joy of an extended family from them, I chose to pursue my degree online.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Week 8

Okay, time to make it happen. By now you need to have both of your projects in mind. Please send me both of your preproposals if you haven't already. For your blog post, please detail your timeline for the completion of your projects. I need to know when you plan to complete your grant proposals, but also an estimated timeline for your project completion.

Timeline for Project #1--Online Tutoring Lab
  • Cover Letter
  • Cover Page
  • Project Description

To be completed by 3/15

  • Solution
  • Evaluation and Sustainability
  • Budget
To be completed by 3/31

  • FRP Analysis completed by 4/10
  • Rhetorical Analysis completed by 4/24
Grant to be Submitted May 2007

Timeline for Project #2--Service Learning Project

  • Cover Letter
  • Cover Page
  • Project Description
    To be completed by 3/27
  • Solution
  • Evaluation and Sustainability
  • Budget
    To be completed by 4/10
  • FRP Analysis completed by 4/10
  • Rhetorical Analysis completed by 4/24
Grant to be Submitted February 2007

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Excellent timeline. It's clear that with such a timeline you'll have success. Much to do by February, but that's a lot of time. Keep working on it and running drafts by as many people as you can in your organization. Even if you don't get it, creating and building synergy and interest amongst key personel in your institution will be helpful.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home